Learn the Kafka Streams API with Hands-On Examples, Learn Exactly Once, Build and Deploy Apps with Java 8
What you’ll learn
- Write four Kafka Streams application in Java 8
Configure Kafka Streams to use Exactly Once Semantics
Scale Kafka Streams applications
- Program with the High Level DSL of Kafka Streams
- Build and package your application
- Write tests for your Kafka Streams Topology
- And so much more!
- Good knowledge of Apache Kafka
- A recent computer (Windows / Linux / Mac OS X) with 4GB of RAM
- Good knowledge of Java 8 Programming Language
The new volume in the Apache Kafka Series!
Learn the Kafka Streams data processing library, for Apache Kafka. Join hundreds of knowledge savvy students into learning one of the most promising data processing library on Apache Kafka.
Kafka Streams is the easiest way to write your applications on top of Kafka:
> Easiest way to transform your data using the High Level DSL
> Exactly Once semantics support out of the box!
> Deploy and Scale your Kafka Streams application without a cluster!
> Perform Aggregations, joins, and any operations you may think of using only a few lines of code!
> Built on top of Kafka, for fault tolerance, scalability and resiliency
Stephane Maarek is the instructor of this course. He is a Kafka Expert, and the author of the highly-rated Apache Kafka Series on Udemy, having taught already to 40000+ students and received 12000+ reviews.
He shares all his Kafka knowledge on the platform, taking the time to explain every concept and provide students with both theoretical and practical dimensions. You are in good hands!
Hands On & Theory Based Course
Note: This course is based on Java 8, and will include one example in Scala. Kafka Streams is Java based, and therefore is not suited for any other programming language.
Each section can be either theoretical, or a practice section.
> Through practice, you will be challenged by writing your own Kafka Streams application. The solutions will be thoroughly explained, and you will learn some tips on how to use Kafka Streams the best way.
> Through theory, you will learn about all the available API, the inner workings of the library, as well as some exciting concepts such as Exactly Once Semantics!
This course is the first and only available Kafka Streams course on the web. Get it now to become a Kafka expert!
- Kafka Streams – First Look: Let’s get Kafka started and run your first Kafka Streams application, WordCount
- End-to-End Kafka Streams Application : Write the code for the WordCount, bring in the dependencies, build and package your application, and learn how to scale it. This is a complete end to end example
- KStream and KTable Simple Operations: Learn all the stateless operations available for the KStream and KTable API
- Practice Exercise – Favourite Colour: Practice your newly acquired skills by writing your own Kafka Streams application, Favourite Colour. It will be challenging! Includes a Scala version of the example
- KStream and KTable Advanced Operations: Learn all the stateful operations available for the KStream and KTable API
- Exactly Once Semantics – Theory: Learn what EOS (Exactly Once Semantics) is, how Kafka 0.11 enables it, and how to activate them in Kafka Streams
- Exactly Once – Practice Exercise – Bank Balance: Practice your newly acquired knowledge by writing your own Kafka Streams Exactly Once application, to compute a running Bank Balance for your customers
- Testing your Kafka Streams Application: Learn how to test the WordCount Kafka Streams Topology with Kafka Streams v1.1.0
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next applications onto
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
✔ A 30 Day “No Questions Asked” Money Back Guarantee!
Learn The Hottest Kafka Data Processing Library Now!
Kafka is increasingly becoming a must-have skill, and this course will set you up for fast success using the Kafka Streams API. The job market will need people with your newly acquired skillset!
“Take This Course” risk free and learn Kafka Streams now!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for developers and devops who would like to learn how to write, package, deploy and run a Kafka Streams applications
- This course is for architects who would like to understand how Kafka Streams work and its position in the Kafka-centered data pipeline and enterprise architecture
- You will need some good understanding of Kafka before starting this course
- Developers and devops who would like to learn how to write, package, deploy and run a Kafka Streams applications
- Architects who would like to understand how Kafka Streams work and its position in the Kafka-centered data pipeline and enterprise architecture
- People who fully understand the basics of Kafka
- Java 8 and Scala developers only
Created by Stephane Maarek | AWS Certified Developer
Last updated 2/2019
Size: 895.19 MB