3+ Hours of Video Instruction
In this course, participants learn what blockchain and cryptocurrency are, how they work, and how these technologies are being applied. The course explains what smart contracts are and how they work, the rise of new funding mechanisms such as Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and Security Token Offerings (STOs), and how the use of digital tokens and “tokenization” are changing many long-established business rules.
Through the use of demonstrations and detailed slide explanations, we explore the state of the blockchain business market, including investments and projections for market growth. There is an opportunity to analyze multiple use cases of the blockchain technology being applied. The course also provides a section on how you can determine whether using blockchain and cryptocurrency are right for your business.
This course quickly brings you up to speed on blockchain and cryptocurrency and how these technologies are being used to drive a new wave of innovation across a wide range of businesses. You will gain valuable professional knowledge on what blockchain and cryptocurrency are, how they are being used across numerous industries, why they are so innovative and disruptive, and how you can determine whether blockchain is right for your business.
Module 1: Blockchain and Bitcoin Basic Concepts
Module 2: Cryptocurrency and Smart Contracts
Module 3: Business Opportunities in Blockchain
Module 4: Blockchain and Your Business
About the Instructor
George Levy is a lecturer and senior instructor on blockchain, Bitcoin, and cryptocurrency at Blockchain Institute of Technology (BIT), a leading professional training and certification organization focused on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. He is also co-founder and chief marketing officer for Bitsonline, a prominent media portal for all things cryptocurrency, blockchain, and the technology that frames it all.
He is a former regional manager for Microsoft Corporation and a vice president for the World Business Forum (WOBI).
An award-winning digital entrepreneur with more than 20 years of professional experience working with the Internet and digital technology, he is on a mission to help further the global growth of blockchain technology to drive positive change.
George is a Certified Senior Blockchain Professional (CSBCP) from Blockchain Institute of Technology (BIT) and a Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP) from CryptoCurrency Certification Consortium (C4).
Learn How To
- Understand how blockchain works, including a deep dive into how Bitcoin works, the best-known use case of blockchain
- Work online with a blockchain demo tool that shows how the various elements in a blockchain work together
- Explore the cryptocurrency market and learn about the wide range of cryptocurrencies available
- Learn about smart contracts and how they work, tokenization, and how blockchain is being applied across multiple real use cases
- Review the state of the blockchain market including investments made, how blockchain is being used to enable new investment mechanisms, and market growth areas and projections for the space
- Determine whether blockchain is right for your business
- Learn steps you can follow to help you successfully implement blockchain in your business
Who Should Take This Course
- Business leaders who are interested in understanding how blockchain and cryptocurrency are being applied to drive new business opportunities, and whether blockchain is right for their business
- Anyone who has an interest in acquiring a firm understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency and how these technologies are changing the business landscape
None, beyond having a business interest in learning how blockchain and Bitcoin work.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Size: 2.97 GB