Author: Jason Rodriguez – Litmus
Duration: 6h 38min
Some Key Takeaways!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you’ll:
- Get an understanding of the foundational principles behind HTML email development and how it differs from web development.
- Learn how to create accessible emails that can be easily used by anyone, regardless of ability.
- Become familiar with a variety of responsive design techniques and their pros and cons.
- See how to add interactivity to HTML email campaigns to expand functionality in the inbox.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Jason is designer and writer advocating for email, the open web, accessibility, and inclusion. As the sole evangelist at Litmus, Jason teaches others how to create better email marketing campaigns through strategy, copywriting, design, and development. Jason is the author of multiple books on email, speaks at industry events on a variety of topics, and writes for publications like the Litmus blog, A List Apart, and CSS-Tricks.
The last few years have seen an explosion in creative techniques for building HTML emails. You’re no longer constrained by all-image emails and table-based layouts. In this workshop, email expert Jason Rodriguez will walk you though the latest techniques for developing engaging HTML emails. We’ll look at the foundations of email like HTML structure, semantic markup, layouts, and creating accessible emails before diving into more complex topics like different responsive techniques and adding interactivity to email campaigns. You’ll leave with a full understanding of why and how to build modern HTML email campaigns.
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is perfect for anyone that touches HTML email campaigns, which is just about any developer at some point in their careers. Even if HTML email isn’t part of your daily work, it will equip you with specialized skills to tackle any email project that shows up in your backlog. For veteran email designers and developers, the workshop will allow you to update your skills and knowledge, allowing you to crafter better email experiences for your customers and subscribers.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable in a code editor like VS Code or Sublime Text
- Laptop with Chrome or Firefox