Graphql, a technology created and used by Facebook, is changing how we interact with data in our apps. This course will cover both sides of the stack and how you can benefit from using GraphQL today.
Author: Scott Moss – Tipe
Released: October 14, 2019
Video Files: 16
Some Key Takeaways!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you’ll:
- You’ll create a GraphQL Schema using Type definitions
- You’ll use and create custom data sources
- You’ll define resolvers for your GraphQL schema
- You’ll configure a GraphQL API from scratch
- You’ll learn how to use GraphQL tools to interact with your API
- You’ll learn how to use Queries to access data on your API
- You’ll learn how to use Mutations to create data
- You’ll learn how to configure GraphQL for a client side app
- You’ll learn how to integrate GraphQL with React
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Scott is the CEO and co-founder of Tipe and Onespeed. Priorly he was an experienced engineer in Silicon Valley and SF working with some of the top tech companies. He’s known in the JS community for his contributions to Angular including popular open source projects, conference talks, and courses.
Thousands of products now use GraphQL APIs. Even companies like Github have a public GraphQL API. GraphQL has proven itself to be a strong choice when building and API. Scott shares with you how he builds GraphQL APIs that are consumed by frontend apps. You’ll learn how to build a GraphQL API from scratch using Type Definitions, resolves, and data sources, and then how to access your API in your apps using Queries and Mutations.
Is This Workshop for Me?
Developers who want to learn the quickest way to get started GraphQL server side and on the frontend.
- You’ll need to install Node.js 6 or higher
- Some familiarity with the command line is helpful
- Some familiarity with any other server side language (Rails, Python, Java, Go, PHP) is helpful
- Some familiarity with a JS frontend framework like React, Vue, or Angular.